We exist to create an excellent study experience in New Zealand

Teaching at an English New Zealand School

Member schools provide employment opportunities for appropriately qualified academic and administration staff.

The English New Zealand Standards outline the minimum requirements for teaching staff in permanent and temporary roles, as well as specific requirements for a Director of Studies/Academic Manager role.

All permanent teaching staff must hold an initial TESOL qualification that meets the following requirements:

  • An initial TESOL qualification should be externally validated and moderated by a reputable examination body (typically a university or recognised examination board). It should include a minimum of 6 hours’ supervised, assessed and moderated teaching practice and at least 100 hours of TESOL input (examples are Cambridge CELTA and Trinity CertTESOL).

If you want to teach at an English New Zealand school and have appropriate qualifications and experience, send your CV and referee contact details to info@englishnewzealand.co.nz.

Please include evidence to demonstrate your initial TESOL qualification meets each specific requirement detailed above. Please also indicate the city in which you are seeking employment.

Current Vacancies