English New Zealand has a reputation for quality. We are the peak body representing the English language sector, both state and private, in New Zealand.
English language providers wanting to be part of our pro-active, professional, and supportive industry organisation must meet our membership criteria. Successful applicants enjoy significant benefits.
Benefits of Membership
- Quality Assurance via the English New Zealand Standards
- Consideration of the English New Zealand audit report as part of the EER process http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/providers-partners/external-evaluation-and-review/english-language-schools-quality-assurance/
- Generic marketing via publications and industry partner activities
- Marketing events and opportunities both onshore and offshore
- Promotion on the English New Zealand Website and in the retailer guidebook
- Information and consultation on NZ government and community matters
- Representation on NZ government and community matters
- Networking opportunities
- Industry statistics
- Professional development
- Information and secretariat service
- Use of the English New Zealand logo and branding
To be eligible to apply for membership providers must:
- Be engaged in the teaching of English as a second language in New Zealand or overseas for two years, and which in the case of an overseas school, has been a member of an offshore organisation that is equivalent to English New Zealand.
- Have all appropriate accreditation and approvals from the Ministry of Education and other relevant regulatory authorities.
- Meet the English New Zealand Standards on application. An inspection audit will then be arranged.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more detailed information on membership and the benefits of joining English New Zealand.
(Banner photography: Tony Brunt)